Bra Fit Guide [en] How to Choose the Breastfeeding Bra
Before you start
- Make sure you are wearing an unpadded bra that is not a compression or a sports bra.
- Stand straight and relaxed, with your arms down, and breathe normally
- If you can, ask someone to help you measure
- If you're doing this solo, measure yourself in front of a mirror.
Place the measuring tape around your back and underneath your arm pits. Check that the tape is on a bit of an upward angle and positioned directly under your arm pit when wrapping tape around your body. Tape should be lying flat and parallel on the hook and eye closure of your bra. Pull snug - you want it to feel tight, but not constricting. Look down and record your measurement.
HINT: If your measurement falls in between even numbers, round up. For example, at 33 'it would become 34'. If you are just above an even number (for example, 32.5 '), then round down.
Place the measuring tape around your back and place on top of the fullest part of your chest. Be sure to push the measuring tape in between the center of your breasts (it should be touching the place between your breasts) to ensure you account for your full bust capacity. Check that the tape is horizontal when wrapped around your body. Tape should be lying flat and parallel on the hook and eye closure of your bra. Hold the tape loosely in place. Look down and record your measurement.
HINT: It is ideal having someone assist you with this measurement.
For Bravado Seamless Bras:
[en] A nursing bras it must be a bra that supports without forcing, so as to feel beautiful (with everything in its place!) without creating traffic jams (often due to bras that "press" on the milk ducts) .... in short support, comfort are the watchword! All possibly without neglecting style!
- Make sure you are not wearing a padded, too tight or overstated bra
- Stand straight with your arms along your body, relaxed and breathe normally
- Self possible, ask someone to help you to measure
- If so you're doing alone, measure yourself in front to a mirror.
How to measure your bust:
Place the tape measure around your chest, just above your breasts. To determine the height on the back, take the closure of your bra as a reference. The tape measure should be stretched out and starting from the bra hook go towards the armpits, join the two ends and record your measurement.
SUGGESTION: Self the measure falls between even numbers, round up. For example, a 33' would become a 34'.
How to measure the cup